Fried panko breaded cheese bites are gooey, crunchy and make for an easy weeknight side. You can make an entire batch and freeze for easy cooking through the week. We love to eat out, and always order cheese curds if they are on the menu. At home, we like to have a variety of small dishes for dinner. Fried panko cheese bites satisfy that craving for salty, crunchy food that the entire table can share.
- Ingredients (2 Servings)
- 4 Monterey cheddar sticks (or any hard cheese stick)
- 1 egg
- 1 C flour
- 1 C Panko
- Oil for deep frying (Canola or Peanut)
- Cut sticks into 1/3 pieces
- Toss sticks in flour, followed by egg, again in flour and then egg — this will create a solid coating so no cheese oozes!
- Then toss in the panko and fully coat
- Place on a wire rack and freeze for ~10 minutes to help harden the cheese
- Heat oil to 350 degrees F
- Fry cheese for 3-4 minutes, or until brown and cheese just begins to appear
- Drain on a rack and serve! Ranch or spicy jam goes well with these!
Looking for a complete meal? I make these with the Curried Coconut Salmon & Shrimp!